Floodlight is what happens when you mix the brains of a creative agency with the heart of a production company. A mix of thinkers who make and makers who think. With an established office in Adelaide and expanding office in Melbourne, we’re now looking for a gun Motion Designer to join our team in either Melbourne or Adelaide. We do all things content – from high-end video to animated explainers and music videos.
You’ll be joining a young team of cinematographers, directors, producers, editors and VFX artists. More importantly, you’ll be joining an organisation that prides itself on our culture, creativity and effectiveness.
As a Motion Designer you’ll have a well-rounded skillset. Comfortable illustrating graphics for a video, carefully keyframing attention grabbing transitions or completely animating a video from start to finish. You’ll need a heap of creative flare and an even bigger heap of initiative. You’ll have a complex knowledge of After Effects and ideally comfortable in Premiere, Illustrator and designing as well as animation.
Reporting to the Creative Director your role has a high degree of autonomy and variation day-to-day. You’ll be able to follow a brief and stick within the parameters of brand guidelines, while pushing the work to be the very best it can be. You’ll be called on for creative input as part of a team or able to take a project on and run with it yourself. A knowledge of 3D programs (Blender/3ds Max) would be a bonus.
The ideal individual will take pride in their initiative, have high expectations of themselves and everyone around them. You’ll have a strong portfolio and at least two years’ experience working in the industry. You’ll also:
- Have an uncompromising eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to contribute towards, and make stand-out creative work
- Be able to concept, plan and execute layouts for motion graphic projects
- Have a sound knowledge and experience of the video production process
- Highly Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Illustrator and Premiere
- Be calm under pressure and have a positive and infectious attitude
- Be technically astute in the delivery of 2D animation projects
- Hold a relevant qualification (either Uni, TAFE, AWARD school etc.)
- Be able to hit the ground running and take real initiative over your role
This is not an entry-level role. Open to all candidates from Australia and overseas.
Salary to be negotiated dependant on experience and suitability to meet the key criteria outlined above
Please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter outlining your experience and suitability to this role to email@example.com